Constance Marten has been granted permission to appeal the 14-year jail sentence she received for her baby's death while on the run with her partner.
Marten, 39, and convicted rapist Mark Gordon, 52, were in hiding when their baby daughter, Victoria, died in a tent on the South Downs, southern England, in January 2023.
They had fled authorities to prevent Victoria being taken into care, as four other siblings had been before, their Old Bailey trial was told.
Marten and Gordon were found guilty of her manslaughter, child cruelty, concealing the birth of a child and perverting the course of justice following two trials spanning six months each.
Judge Mark Lucraft KC jailed them both for 14 years, and handed Gordon a further four years on extended licence.
Marten has now been granted permission to appeal the sentence, and renewed her application for permission to appeal her gross negligence manslaughter conviction, though no court date has been set yet.
Police had launched a nationwide hunt after the couple's car burst into flames on a motorway near Bolton, Greater Manchester, on 5 January 2023.
The pair travelled across England and went off-grid, sleeping in a tent on the South Downs where baby Victoria died days later.
After seven weeks on the run, the defendants were arrested in Brighton.
After a desperate search, police found their baby dead amid rubbish inside a Lidl bag in a disused shed nearby.
Read more from Sky News:
TikTok's $400m US children's privacy settlement
Usain Bolt set to play Sunday league football
At the time of their sentencing, Judge Lucraft accepted the prosecution case that baby Victoria died from hypothermia after being exposed to "significant cold stress".
He rejected the claims that Victoria was smothered in a "terrible accident" as they slept in the tent.
The judge said they had displayed "arrogance", and treated Victoria to "neglect of the most serious type". The offending was made worse because the baby was vulnerable, and the defendants failed to listen to past warnings.
(c) Sky News 2026: Constance Marten granted permission to appeal sentence for killing her baby
Local news content from CItiblog - read more at
'We have never seen anything like this summer': How wildfire threat in UK is escalating dramatically
Violent and sexual offenders to be confined to zones of 'a few miles' after release from prison
Two men arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of 22-year-old soldier
Girl, 6, dies in hospital after her family lost their lives in Shoreham sea tragedy
Usain Bolt set to play Sunday league football for Manchester side